
I need a really easy spaghetti sauce to whip up on days when I work and I found one on Allrecipes.
The original seemed OK but, in one of the reader modifications, I found a slightly better version for my family.
Spaghetti sauce may not be exciting but this was something that my family actually ate - and complimented afterwards. Another good thing about this particular recipe is that it tastes good without meat. While I put the ground beef in it tonight, I could make the meatless variety when Emily is at home.
The recipe:
1. Heat the olive oil. Add the onions and garlic. Cook til the onions are translucent. Add the other ingredients. Bring this mixture to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
This sounds yummy - and probably a lot less salty than some of the jarred kinds if you're careful about what kind of canned tomatoes you buy. (And tomatoes for sauces are totally better canned than fresh.)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, one of my first blog posts once I get around to it is going to be about pasta sauce. I don't think I've ever told you the story, but I think you'll find it amusing.