Monday, July 26, 2010

Summer Cookin' - Had Me Some Fun

An easy, breezy summer meal tonight. Steaks on the grill, corn on the cob, Ceasar salad and popovers. I haven't made those in years so I had to dig out the popover pan, as well as a recipe. They turned out fine though I should've been a bit more liberal with greasing the cups, as it was a bit tough getting a few of the finished products out of the pan.

Martin loves popovers which makes me wonder why I don't make them more often. It's not like they're difficult to make. So, who knows? Maybe popovers will be my new standard bread for dinner. That is what I tend to do - get hepped up on a recipe, make it over and over, get tired of it, forget it exists, go months/years without making it, rediscover the recipe and start the process all over again.

1 comment:

  1. I very much remember when you went through your last popover phase. I thought they were so exotic and tasty, but super difficult to make. Guess I was wrong on one point there!

    ReplyDelete