First off, not having a cherry pitter was a bit of a disadvantage in trying to pit all the cherries necessary for this recipe. I can't even write what all that cherry juice looked like, as it ran through my hands and fingers. I'd just had my nails done but they were quickly ruined by an icky brown staining. So much for vanity...and a lot of money handed over to the nail salon!
Pitting took forever but, once put together, I thought the end product looked pretty good. As is kind of obvious, the pie is baked in a jelly roll pan, with dough on the bottom, the cherry filling and then more dough across the top. Rustic but tasty.
At least to me. I could't get my family to even try the pie. I know the boys are picky but I'd specifically chosen cherry because that's one of the few pies Martin usually likes. But, did he try one piece? NO! Tim finally ate a piece a few days later, making sure to tell me it was good. I'm not sure I can trust his review, as I have a feeling he got a chiding email from Emily after I mentioned how unadventurous her brothers and father proved to be
It was definitely a defeating moment. After sharing with neighbors and the school, I eventually threw the rest of the pie away. Sad.
No comments:
Post a Comment