Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Crockpot Roast


I've used the same roast recipe for years - a very easy one I got out of the Lower Falls cookbook. Today, however, I decided to try a new variation for cooking the roast. First off, it goes in the slow cooker for 10 hours. It also has potatoes, carrots and onions added to canned gravy. I worried it would taste like the soupy generic mess you sometimes get from foods cooked in slow cookers, but was pleasantly surprised by how good the taste was. The carrots and potatoes still had enough texture not to taste like mush and the roast was very tender and moist.

A huge surprise of the night: Brian asked what the potatoes were and ate them anyway. He usually won't eat any form of potato that isn't served in a paper wrapper from a fast food place. Even better, after two helpings of the roast, etc....he told me I needed to sign up for Top Chef!


1 comment:

  1. Whoa! Go Mom! Glad you're getting some good feedback from the picky boys. Just remember - if you decide to go on Hell's Kitchen rather than Top Chef, LEARN TO MAKE THE RISOTTO!

    ReplyDelete