Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Chicken Parmesan

Months ago, Brian asked me how come I don't make good stuff like chicken parmesan for our family. The answer would be that I never knew he would eat such a dish but, hey, if my kid wanted chicken parmesan he was going to get some.

One quick trip the internet uncovered a recipe sounding easy enough for a novice to go at. (Novice at chicken parmesan, not cooking in general.) The results were edible to Martin and a delicacy to Brian.

Tonight, this same chicken dish was on the menu. There were a few tense moments at the beginning of the process, when I couldn't locate my recipe on the new Mac Pro, but a bit of searching turned up the bookmarked site.

I must own 50 cookbooks (conservative count and not including all the ones I've given away/thrown away or put away in the garage) so there's a certain irony to using my computer for cooking directions. More and more of my recipes are stored on the computer or bookmarked from a zillion cooking sites, so it's really not an unusual site to see the laptop strategically placed somewhere on the kitchen counter - close enough to refer back to often, far enough away to, hopefully, stay clear of the messes likely to be created when someone as klutzy as me gets anywhere near foodstuffs.

The recipe turned out fine and got good reviews from the family. Watching my family eat up what I'd prepared was gratifying. Made it worth going through the most disgusting part of this recipe - pounding out the chicken breasts. I don't know what it was about the meat today but, after awhile, pounding on  the meat caused it to break apart in a rather creepy looking way. The result looked like something that should've been on CSI - not the dinner table.

No comments:

Post a Comment