I avoid taking pictures of meat and fish because without the proper photographic equipment it's nearly impossible to get a good picture. Instead, each image of meat looks like something a dog either pooped or threw up. Yea. Definitely not very palatable. So, you'll just have to imagine how this salmon turned out...which was pretty good (and not a bit poop or vomit like) for something so easy to prepare.
Easy Salmon
Ingredients:
1/4 cup pure maple syrup (NOT pancake syrup) or honey. (I used the NOT pancake syrup)
1/4 cup soy sauce
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
12 oz. of fresh or thawed salmon
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350
Combine the first three ingredients in a gallon zip-lock bag and shake it up. Try not to set it on your kitchen island with the open top hanging over the edge as this will make a spill on the floor that is very sticky and hard to get cleaned up. (This part of the directions was not in the original recipe but I thought I'd let you learn from my careless mistake. I'm still trying to get the sticky out of my wood floor.) Add salmon to the bag and allow it to marinade for an hour, turning the salmon after half an hour. Pour the salmon and the marinade into a baking dish and bake, covered with foil, for 15 minutes. The salmon is done when it flakes easily at the thickest part.
No comments:
Post a Comment