Saturday, May 25, 2019

Peaches N Cream Bars

I know...me and my peaches obsession, right? It's possible I should have a second blog dedicated just to recipes involving peaches as they are pretty much my favorite fruit ever.

I seldom do this kind of cooking but this was a time when I went into my pantry, saw what I had available, and then found a recipe that would fit with those ingredients. Quite the departure from my usual routine of scouring recipes, making up ingredient lists, and then buying what I need.  In this case, I not only had everything needed for the bars but also leftover ice-cream from an earlier KidsJam party - ice-cream just waiting to be heaped on top of a warm peaches n cream bar.

For minimal work, these are pretty tasty. My bible study ladies loved them, as did Millie when I took them over to Kim's house.

Peaches N Cream Bars
recipe courtesy of Lilluna.com

Ingredients:

1 box yellow or white cake mix (I used Betty Crocker yellow)
1/3 cup butter, softened
2 eggs
29 oz. can of peach slices, drained
8 oz. cream cheese
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Combine cake mix, butter, and 1 egg in a large bowl and mix with a fork until crumbly.
Set aside 1 1/2 cups of crumbs
Press remaining crumbs into a greased 9x13 pan and bake for 10 minutes.
While baking, cut your peaches into 1 inch pieces
When 10 minutes is up, spoon peaches over the bottom layer
Combine cream cheese, sugar, 1 egg, and vanilla in a bowl and beat until creamy
Spread over peaches and sprinkle reserved crumbs over the top.
Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment