Saturday, May 11, 2019

Blueberry and Raspberry Croissant Puff

Don't you love it when you find a recipe that's easy to make and tastes good enough to serve to company? I first tasted this dish as the company while visiting my friend Millie in Colorado.  Since then, Ive gone on to make it for my own guests.  Being with  Millie and seeing her life was such a treat. I love the area she lives in and I love her new home but, truthfully, I don't think I could live that far off the beaten path. I could, however, eat her breakfast puff every day.

This dish comes out sort of like a cross between bread pudding and a clafoutis.  I've made it with just blueberries and like it that way too. It warms up pretty well for next day eating - assuming you have any left over!

Blueberry and Raspberry Croissant Puff
recipe courtesy of Millie Picker

Ingredients

4 large croissants, cut up into pieces.
1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
8 oz. cream cheese softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup whole milk

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat a 9 inch square pan with cooking spray.
Place croissant pieces in the pan. Scatter the blueberries and raspberries over the top.
In a medium bowl with an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until combined and smooth. Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat well until blended. Gradually add milk, beating well after each addition.
Pour the mixture evenly over the croissant pieces. Gently pat down with a wooden spoon so all the pieces are coated. Let rest 10-15 minutes
Bake for 35-40 minutes or until set in the center and golden brown. (If the top starts to get too brown toward the end, cover with foil.)
Serve warm with powdered sugar sprinkled on top.


No comments:

Post a Comment