Thursday, October 4, 2018

Slow- Cooked Pork Chops

In addition to being "the other white meat", pork seems to be the completely forgotten meat in our home - unless you're talking good ole' Kansas City bbq. It's not that I don't ever make pork chops but the end product sometimes turns out drier and less tasty than I like. When that happens, I kind of swear off pork, until the next time I'm tired of chicken and beef alternating every night.

This dish couldn't be easier and Martin absolutely loved it. It'd be nice if I could say we sat down together to enjoy our good dinner but, much as it was supposed to be that way, who knew the Symphony Lady would call. We're season ticket holders which means she doesn't exactly have to talk us into buying the new season...yet, that's exactly what she did. While Martin chowed down on the dinner I'd so lovingly prepared, I got to listen over and over again about how much money I was going to save and how much I was going to love the concerts she felt a need to talk me into, though I'd already said we were purchasing them. When we got to the part about would we like this seat or that seat, I finally started eating while she talked. Not exactly the best way to enjoy a meal but, even standing up and gulping bites between debating the merits of Row G versus H, I agreed that these pork chops are a winner for a filling and great tasting evening meal.

Slow-Cooked Pork Chops
from mydailymoment.com

Ingredients:
6 lean pork chops
1/2 cup flour
1 Tbs. salt
1  10 oz. can chicken and rice soup (I'm usually not a big advocate of soups in the crock pot but this one makes up a nice rice and "gravy" that goes well with the meat.)
1 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2 Tbs. oil

Directions:
Coat pork chops in mixture of flour, salt, dry mustard, and garlic powder and brown in oil in skillet. Place browned pork chops in crockpot. Add can of soup. Cover an cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3 1/2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment