I've wanted to try this pizza for some time and since I had a ball of pizza crust dough that needed to be used, it seemed like the time had come.
Really, how could this be anything but good with charred corn, cilantro, cotija cheese, and avocado? I love every one of those components, so it stands to reason I'd love a big round of pizza dough heaped high with all this goodness. If I have one "complaint" it might be that there wasn't quite enough of the charred corn. Next time, I'd do another ear and completely flood that pizza with those sweet kernels and the lovely taste they offer up.
I love that this pizza is heavy on the ingredients I crave and light on sauce. And by light, I mean there really is no sauce. That sounds like it would produce a dry pizza but, truth is, with the cheeses and other ingredients, I didn't miss a wet saucy base on bit.
Charred Corn and Avocado Pizza
from teapeasandtheirpod.com
INGREDIENTS:
- 1 - 16 oz. pizza dough (homemade or store-bought) As mentioned, I used a homemade ball of dough I'd been storing in the freezer. If home-made isn't available or desired, I do like Trader Joe pizza dough, though I think it's a bit harder to stretch and shape.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1 small ear grilled sweet corn, kernels removed from the cob
- 1 roasted poblano pepper, diced. (I don't like spicy things. When I did a taste test on the pepper, after charring it, it seemed too hot so I only used half the amount suggested and diced it up very fine.)
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 avocados, sliced, pit and skin removed
- 1/3 cup cotija cheese
- squeeze of fresh lime juice
- tabasco sauce, for serving
DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Place the pizza dough on a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out into a circle. Carefully move the pizza dough to a pizza pan or pizza stone. Spread the pizza evenly with olive oil. Top cheese, corn kernels, peppers, and cilantro.
Place the pizza in the hot oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until pizza crust is golden and cheese is melted. Remove the pizza from the oven and top with avocado slices and cotija cheese. Squeeze fresh lime juice over the pizza. Cut into slices and serve with Tabasco sauce, if desired.
Oooo that sounds super tasty. Especially with the cilantro and cotija.
ReplyDelete