Cooking is about so much more than throwing ingredients together and serving up what comes out. With this blog, I hope to pass along some of the food stories and traditions that have defined my life story. This is for you, Emily!
Saturday, April 18, 2015
Blueberry Croissant Puff
One day recently, after I'd been on a pinning spree at the Pinterest site, I got a text from my cousin Becky letting me know that one of the dishes I'd selected is a tried and true recipe among the St. Albans Becketts. Aunt Janet had particularly loved the dish and often requested it for breakfast. (Presumably to accompany her other morning favorite - cheetos!) Anything with the Janet seal of approval definitely goes on my "got to try" baking list. So I did.
I made this for breakfast one morning when Brian was here, having helped Martin drive back to the area after a trip to take care of family business in California. Both the menfolk approved. As for me - I could've probably eaten the whole pan-full on my own. Since, I was able to restrain my gluttonous tendencies, I found out that you can reheat this dish the next day and it will still taste almost as perfect as when it is fresh out of the oven.
Blueberry Croissant Puff
from The-girl-who-ate-everything.com
Ingredients
3 large croissants, cut up (about 5 to 5 1/2 cups)
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (I used fresh. You don't move to the midwest to buy frozen fruit!)
1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup milk
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Place croissant pieces in a 9 inch square pan. Sprinkle with blueberries. (Note: I used up all my blueberries in this dish and it probably came to about 1 1/2 cups.)
Beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a medium bowl with the electric mixer, until well blended. Gradually add milk, beating well after each addition. Pour evenly over croissant pieces. Let stand 20 minutes.
Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes or until set in the center and golden brown. You may want to cover it with foil for the last 10 minutes if the tops are getting too browned.
Serve warm sprinkled with powdered sugar.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment