I will go to extraordinary lengths in order to make my cooking blog the the best it can possibly be. Working with dough has always been one of my downfalls in the culinary arena. Here I am a young senior, totally afraid of dough. Yeast is tricky, kneading requires way more skill than I seem to possess, and getting bread to rise a miracle power I'm apparently sadly lacking. And yet, I continue with longings to be the kind of cook who goes in and makes bread for her family every morning. Isn't that in the Proverbs 31 description of the perfect woman?
Keenly aware of my failings in the bread making/working with doughs departments, I spared no expense and had one of my readers flown all the way from New Haven Connecticut to my home here in San Diego. This young woman is co-author of her own highly rated cooking blog and known for her proficiencies with bread. My original plans were to fly both the em AND the am of Emandam in for this cooking venture but budget and other logistical complications arose. To be more specific, Am chose to spend the holiday season with her Beloved Carnivore. Whatever.
My kitchen has been filled with the aromas of baking bread since the day Em arrived. Working under her able tutelage, I've made vegan wheat bread and a very yummy cinnamon raisin bread. And all of it has tasted amazing. Even the vegan bread is completely edible to humans not possessed of a desire to ignore all food groups minus grass, nuts, and berries.
You can tell Amanda has clearly given up her former vegetarian status since she chose Christmas with Beloved Carnivore over her Veggie Co-blogger and her Crazy Vegan Brother.
ReplyDeletesomehow I missed this post until now - or I must have skimmed it or something in a woozy post-Christmas state.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to have missed the breadmaking, but to make up for it I offer this bit of wisdom - Proverbs 31 only says you have to provide food AND refuse to eat the "bread of idleness." So I think you're good.