Thursday, October 13, 2011

Payday Here!


I know it's been awhile since I last posted, but this recipe is sooo gonna make up for my absence. Plus I have an excuse for the time away - I was traveling. Martin and I went on an east coast adventure that began in Cincinnati with Tim and Joy and ended up in New Haven with Emily. Just those two stops would've made the trip worthwhile but we also got time in West Virginia with my much loved Beckett relatives, as well as some dear friends who are pretty much the same as family.

West Virginia is where I got this delicious fall recipe. My cousin Becky made a batch for her mom and, because Becky is very good at presentation, she gave it to my aunt in a cute little glass pumpkin. Too bad that darned pumpkin made it so hard for me to dig my big hands in to grab heaping mounds of the yummy concoction contained inside. I finally learned the secret of Becky's refilling stash and would go straight to that bag instead of the glass torture pumpkin.

(Yes, I also put my batch in a glass pumpkin but my version was much bigger with a way wider opening.)

Ok, ready for the recipe?

Candy Corn Payday
1 bag of candy corn
1 can of salted peanuts
Pour the bag of candy corn into whatever container, (preferably one with a very large opening to enable easy access to giant handfuls of this yin and yang yummy treat.) Add the salted peanuts. Toss together. Eat.

Why are they called Candy Corn Payday, you might ask? Because when you eat the candy corn and peanuts together, it tastes just like a Payday candy bar! How easy is that? You're welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes the easiest recipes (or "recipes") are the best ones of all. I'll have to try this sometime as a fun fall treat. I can even use the tiny pumpkin glass jar that you bought for me my first year here. Or maybe you just passed it on to me after deciding you hated small pumpkin jars...

    ReplyDelete